Armed Military Men Descend Upon Bafia, Ahead Of Bishop Bala’s Burial Ceremony
More than a hundred men in uniform have been deployed to Bafia, the town of late Bishop Jean Marie Benoit Bala, ahead of the commencement of his funeral program that started yesterday evening with prayers,meditation and religious rites.
Sources say hearsay had it circulated that Christians of Bafia were preparing an uproar, to demand a clear explanation of why their Prelate died suspiciously.
Meanwhile, there have been a slight modification in the original program made by the Diocese. The new program certainly from Douala, reads that the funeral convoy will make a stop at the Sanaga Bridge, where the Late Bishops car was parked, with the alleged suicide note “I am in water”.
The new program below Reads:
Today Wednesday 2nd August 2017
- Removal of the Corpse from the Yaounde General Hospital Mortuary at 9 a.m
- Mass at the Our Lady of Victory Cathedral in Yaounde
- Departure for Bafia
- Reception of the remains of the Prelate at the Ebebda Bridge by Christians of the Bafia Diocese, the funeral procession will be slow. The same for Balamba and Ombessa
- Reception at the entrance of Bafia town by Christion, slowdown funeral procession
- Laying in state of the decease at the Bafia Cathedral
- First mass at 6 p.m. Mass after every three hours(9 p.m, midnight, 3 a.m and 6a.m)
Tomorrow Thursday 3rd August 2017
- Requiem mass at 10 a.m